The Postgraduate Certificate in Education (International). PGCEi is a part-time, distance learning programme of professional enrichment for educators working in countries other than the UK.
The PGCEi focuses on the improvement of individual teaching practive throught critical reflection and action research. It also enables you to compare teaching approaches in different countries. The course comprises a face-to-face introductory event followed by distance learning and tutor support.
More than 300 students have completed the programme, with the same number currently on course.
The general aim of the PGCEi is to improve practice by building new ideas and strategies which are tested out in your own classrooms. More specifically, the programme aims to improve teaching by:
- helping you to understand your own education system from an international perspective
- enabling you to become conversant with the basic assumptions, concepts, and principles of a range of learning theories and to evaluate their usefulness in specific educational situations
- promoting a deeper understanding of a range of teaching strategies
- developing expertise in practitioner research
- making appropriate use of professional and research literature
For more information, kindly click on this link: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/education/prospective/pgcei/pgcei-introduction.aspx