The East Asia Regional Council of Schools is an organization of 130 member schools in East Asia. These schools have a total of more than 96,306 pre-K to 12th grade students. EARCOS also has 144 associate members— textbook and software publishers and distributors, universities, financial planners, architectural firms, insurance companies, youth organizations, etc— and over 20 individual members.
Membership in EARCOS is open to elementary and secondary schools in East Asia which offer an educational program using English as the primary language of instruction, and to other organizations, institutions, and individuals interested in the objectives and purposes of the Council.
EARCOS inspires adult and student learning through its leadership and service and fosters intercultural understanding, global citizenship and exceptional educational practices within our learning community.
To support the EARCOS mission we will:
– Develop collaborative educational partnerships within the region as well as worldwide to foster greater access to expertise.
– Provide targeted and differentiated professional development opportunities for member communities.
– Connect schools, communities, and individuals through the use of technology to promote collaboration, communication, intercultural understanding, and access to broader educational opportunities.
– Engage adults and students in learning activities across the region that will promote friendship, understanding and global citizenship.
– Conduct and communicate research and archive relevant data to identify and enhance exceptional educational practices.
In accomplishing its mission and vision, EARCOS will play a prominent leadership role throughout the global educational community.
For more information, visit the EARCOS website: http://www.earcos.org/